Thursday, June 30, 2016

OMG: July Goalsetting!

Selecting a goal for July has been heavy on my mind this week!
I think I choose the realistic option (let's face it, this month will not be longer than any other, not more than a day anyway).
I decided I will finish the MOD Winter piece that I made for The Crafted Applique Bloghop.
Pressed and ready, so it's been on the design wall all this time. It will be great to free up some space.

The finish was stalled a couple month's ago because I wasn't happy with my layout, perspectively, and couldn't work out my quilting plan the way I'd intended.
 hmm, maybe a big pillow instead?

Hopefully, this will get me revved up for all the Christmas in July events. Sarah, at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, has a quick Christmas Quilt Along planned as part of the Twelve Days of Christmas in July, a fun bloghop she is hosting.

All this inspiration is sure to kick my butt into gift-making mode!
The best part is, it all coincides with:
Ho, Ho, Ho, and on We Sew! 
I'll be hosting the July linkup on the 18th!
If you are working on Christmas projects, I hope you will share them here!

Great news too, for OMG participants! Lara, from BuzznBumble, has very generously offered a copy of her book to the OMG prizepool this month! Thank you Lara, your book is amazing and I love the permanent link you set up so we can share our Crafted Applique projects!

And Thank YOU, Quilty friends, for linking up with One Monthly Goal! (party details HERE)




THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
 One Monthly Goal, JULY Sponsors:

 Fat Quarter Shop: $25 Gift Certificate (Flash Sale Link HERE!)
Bagmaker Supply: $20 Store Credit 


 A copy of Lara Buccella's new book, "Crafted Applique... New Possibilities"

I have not made time for stash-play this month and will not be adding a personal contribution to the Prize-pool this month!

15 comments:

  1. That is such a cute project. I think a Christmas pillow would be great. Thanks for the linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your piece. I know it didn't do what you originally wanted, but I don't have that picture in my head, and it's simply wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those cute little reindeer! I'm also working on a holiday project that's been taking up my entire design wall. Hoping to make some progress on it this month as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background fabric. Definitely a cushion in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout-out, Heidi! I'll definitely be back on the 18th!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is that! Good luck on your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your goal is really cute. I am new to the linky party and to your blog too but I am sure I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! Love the red deer with the green trees, makes a great focal point. Good luck with your goal. Thank you for hosing OMG, it's been a very useful challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those deer--very cute! Good luck with your goal--it's going to be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, yes! Time to finish that up! It's adorable. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think a cushion is a great idea. Then there will be enough time left over to start something new.
    Kathleen Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Mod deer would make a great pillow. I love the retro vibe of your design Heidi! In fact I think a fabric designer should make it into a fabric line! Thanks for boosting my book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute deer, can't wait to see it quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your quilt looks great, Heidi. I hope it all works out to one you love! Thanks for hosting OMG. I appreciate it.
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking forward to see what you are going to end up with :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...